STRATE on 9 Feb 2001 16:01:17 -0000

[Nettime-bold] call for papers

CALL FOR PAPERS
The Second Annual Convention of the Media Ecology Association
New York University
New York, New York
June 15-16, 2001

If you are interested in:
-- the nature, history, and impact of technology, media, and symbol
systems
-- the study of communication, consciousness, and culture
-- technological determinism, media evolution, information theory and
cybernetics
-- the study of media codes, media literacy, and media education
-- orality, literacy, secondary orality, and post-literacy
-- oral, scribal, typographic, and electronic cultures
-- the graphic revolution and image culture
-- scholars such as Marshall McLuhan, Harold Innis, Walter Ong, Neil
Postman, Lewis Mumford, Edmund Carpenter, Jacques Ellul, and Erving
Goffman

Then you won't want to miss this summer's hottest convention in the
coolest part of New York City.  The Media Ecology Association invites
you to participate in our Second Annual Convention, sponsored by the
Department of Culture and Communication at New York University.

We welcome proposals for individual papers and presentations as well
as theme-based panel sessions on topics such as those listed above.
Papers presented at the Convention may also be submitted for online
publication in the Convention Proceedings.