John Klima on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:11:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: GENERATION FLASH: Usability/Interaction

well, where to begin? i'll reiterate the "which user" problem. where do
you set the bar? the blue haired lady or the avid gamer. thats one good
reason not to even try to accomodate the user.

another reason is "standards" already established and ingrained. i met
someone who was angry with me, as the developer, for using a "click and
drag" interface instead of the standard "click and something happens"
interface. they were actually pissed!

its like thinking "maybe i shouldn't make that brushstroke because some
viewers wont like it, other viewers wont see it, and other viewers wont
understand it."

no thanks, you drive yerself crazy worrying about the user.