Fred Heutte on Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:32:13 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Fortune magazine on Soros

A good article on George Soros with extra details to help
us Americans understand more about his history:

  Soros has just committed $10 million of his own money to an
  effort to drum up support for Democrats in key states,
  immediately becoming one of the biggest individual donors to
  next year's electoral race. In September he staged a
  fundraiser for former Vermont governor Howard Dean. And after
  years of writing moderate, carefully argued—and not very
  influential—tracts about the international economy, he is now
  almost ready to publish a very different kind of work, a book
  to be called The Bubble of American Supremacy. It's a no-
  holds- barred attack on what he sees as the hubris of American
  policy. "I've come to the conclusion," Soros told FORTUNE,
  "that one can do a lot more about the issues I care about by
  changing the government than by pushing the issues." In short,
  he has become the world's angriest billionaire.

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/subs/article/0,15114,517653,00.html