martha rosler on Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:31:37 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Time to Remaster the Master Plan

here are some further thoughts on the tower plans. but you cannot seriously
be suggesting that those truly awful towers be rebuilt. As a New Yorker I
don't care how many people sentimentally or definatly choose the option of
repeating a mistake. I am not even remotely pleased with libeskind's
proposal and find the freedom tower moniker an annoying and embarrassing
bit of populist bravado, but let's get some architecture here, not the last
gasp of an ill-conceived modernism, thankyouverymuch.
(and why is this stuff on nettime anyway? wrong kind of architecture)
martha rosler