geert on Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:36:42 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> what is going on, on nettime?

Well... Alan, nettime being closed off because of lacking nn postings. Many
will find a relief that such postings and related debates no longer happen, but
that's perhaps a personal matter.

What might be true is the shift towards political economy, away from arts and
culture.

The political economy (of new media) thread has been part of nettime from day
one, at least in my understanding. And I am not sure that one can find these
debate anywhere.

It could be the case that the international nettime list lack a common spirit
and direction. Is that what you mean?

The question could be: what moves people these days? I think that's a more
interesting--and urgent--question than the old issue of 'censoring' nn or mez.

Yours,

Geert