robert adrian on Mon, 8 Jan 2007 00:42:26 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Iraq: The Way Forward

>We have reached a crucial turning point in American history. The
>November elections and current polls have made clear that Americans
>have soured on the Iraq war, and want the troops to be withdrawn
>rapidly.

What the November elections made clear was that, of the slightly
more than 50 percent of the electorate that bothered to vote,
slightly more than 50 percent voted for the Democrats. Half the
electorate either didn't give a shit one way or the other - or had
something better to do on the day.
I suppose its encouraging to know that about a quarter of the US
electorate was dissatisfied with the way Bush and his rubberstamp
congress were running things and took the trouble to say so ... but
a "crucial turning point"?
Hmmmm ...