Heiko Recktenwald on Sat, 3 Feb 2007 16:08:32 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Women and multiculturalism

Hi, trying to figure out something on women, multiculturalism and
international relations, what international law can do. Women and
multiculturalism seems to be women against fundamentalism, not just in
western countries, the western modern lifestyle against an archaic
lifestyle. "Honor" killings etc. But I dont want to see it from a
western point of view. For me it is about poverty and participation.
Life in Afghan villages, selling kids, brides, to rich neighbors as one
case, women and football in Iran as the other. There are two ILO
programs, women at the workplace and the women entrepreneur. I have the
idea that it is a slow process, to go with tanks into Afghan villages is
useless, we have to be patient. Women and football seems to be a good
idea by the Iranian president. As spectator in Iran, but see also the
Palestine women football team.....

Poverty and participation, what have I overlooked?

H.