Benedict Seymour on Sat, 8 Nov 2008 04:17:09 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> scattered thoughts on Obama's green empire and black new deal

Are you on drugs? Three decades of free market theology are about to be
ramified over the dead and unemployed bodies of black and white working
class americans (not to mention whoever else the next round of wars take
as their humanitarian aid victims). This sickening, almost 1930s-style
explosion of nationalist and racist 'euphoria' is bad enough, but seeing
the demoradicals of europe celebrating it as the beginning of some new
new deal (remember the original New Deal ends in WW2; You don't get one
without the other - and, this little detail aside, FDR's policies were
as racist and punitive to blacks - eg on housing - as Obama's will be)
is a grotesque joke.
Makes me glad not to be european or american but communist when i read
this disgusting propaganda for a faltering system. we should be working
out how to kick it down, not engineering the next wave of destruction.
Get a grip.
Ben

Alex Foti wrote:

> Obama's victory brings a wave of optimism and after all these years of
> darkness and obscurantism it is refreshing. His administration should
> also chart a fairly liberal, ecokeynesian course in socioeconomic
> policy. The gross inequalities created by three decades of free-market
> theology are likely to be reversed.
 <...>