xDxD on Sun, 16 Nov 2008 16:25:24 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> OneAvatar @ Milano in Digitale

OneAvatar @ Milano in Digitale

OneAvatar was shown at the third edition of the Milano in Digitale
event. An installation featuring a 3D game in which players could shoot
the OneAvatar character, causing electric shocks to hit the body of the
player wearing the OneAvatar suit, creating a phisical connection
between our physical bodies and our identities in the digital worlds.
The installation features the results of the research coming from the
OneAvatar project: technology, emotion, identity, relational dimensions
in the digital domains are some of the fundamental topics analyzed.
For the event a complete marketing and communication strategy was
produced to create a fictional, but realistic and produceable, product
to create the narrative level of the performance: the performer was
displayed as in a shopping center showcase, with the product and the
related gadgets available for sale. A further analysis on the evolution
of art in the contemporary era, in its hybridization wth communication,
marketing and ethnographical practices.

more info at:
http://www.artisopensource.net/2008/11/15/oneavatar-milano-in-digitaleoneavatar-milano-in-digitale/

and here: