Ana Peraica on Fri, 5 Dec 2008 20:41:54 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook 24 hours summary; new arrestings, apologizes...

Strange... Facebook statistics seems to be different and moreover - it
pushes 3rd World up before Germany, Finland, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland
and so...
http://radar.oreilly.com/2008/05/facebook-demographics-age-and.html

so these are some extracts from the list:
Turkey on the 3rd place,
Columbia is on 4th place!
Chile on 10th place
South Africa on 11th place
Mexico on 12th
Egypt on 14th
then Venezuela, India

And more news;

Demonstrations announced by Facebook groups were attempted to be stopped
by fake identities of organizers with the message that for the reason
there is not enough of interest for the event it is canceled. Some
cities also expect HDZ demonstrators to try to confront them in real:
http://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/clanovi-hdza-miniraju-prosvjed-i-prijete-neredima/412292.aspx

Santa Claus has given his stage for demonstrators in Zagreb
http://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/grad-zagreb-facebookovcima-zbog-bozicnog-programa-ne-da-binu-za-prosvjed/412158.aspx

Lets see tomorrow...

Ana

> All this suggests to me that Ivo Sanader and his administration are not
> all that clever nor the slightest bit aware of the communications
> technologies, which leads to the not too surprising outcome that they
> are not too popular.
 <...>