John Haltiwanger on Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:49:53 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> WikiLeaks twitter stream mentions CIA detention of organization member

The latest tweet is "We have airline records of the State Dep/CIA tails.
Don't think you can get away with it. You cannot. This is WikiLeaks."

Apparently this is the result of WikiLeaks announcing their plans to release
a video of an airstrike which will not make the US war machine look so good
(amazing how far we've gone from the celebration of napalm strikes in the
Vietnam era to the near-complete restriction of actual combat footage
today). A member has been detained and questioned, the CIA is showing their
hand a bit by revealing photos of group planning sessions, and let's just
say some of us are waiting to see the next tweet. Not to mention the
airstrike video.

Link: http://twitter.com/wikileaks

Does anyone have any opinions one way or another on WikiLeaks that they
would share? I know that old-school whistleblower site cryptome.org has
voiced misgivings about WikiLeaks, and an Army report mentions that it might
be a front operation of the CIA. Personally my biggest complaint about
WikiLeaks is the lack of press attention their (info)bombshells attract.