Cecilia Dougherty on Fri, 2 Jul 2010 01:33:45 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Autonomy and Control in the Era of Post-Privacy [Re: Contents of nettime-l digest - Felix Stalder]

Dear Felix,

I opened the net-time email this morning and found particular joy in reading
your article 'Autonomy and Control in the Era of Post-Privacy.' The article
reaches into a continual dialogue we have with ourselves every time we are
required to send info before accessing an online app., which is to decide
whether privacy matters, especially since data-collection and surveillance
are ubiquitous. It goes back to the idea of communities deciding to 'come
out' rather than remain hidden, to develop within the public sphere rather
than to remain static and 'in the closet.' Thanks very much for posting your
article!

Cecilia Dougherty
Bard College, NY

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 7:18 AM, <nettime-l-request@kein.org> wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Middlesex philosophy moves to Kingston (university, not
>      Jamaica ; -) (Patrice Riemens)
>   2. Autonomy and Control in the Era of Post-Privacy (Felix Stalder)
 <...>

--
Cecilia Dougherty
http://www.ceciliadougherty.com