miguel leal on Fri, 24 Dec 2010 01:04:49 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Deleuzian Philosophy of Julian Assange

Dear Florian, I couldn't agree more. Anyhow, a small change to your last
sentence is needed:

> And one should think that all those naive misreadings of Deleuze,
> Internet culture and technology were a fad of the 1990s.

The problem does not come from any 'Deleuzian misreadings' but more
precisely from a terrible misread of Deleuze own work...

best

ml

On 21Dec2010, at 3:17 PM, Florian Cramer wrote:

> On Monday, December 20 2010, 06:45 (-0500), John Young wrote:
>
>> The Deleuzian Philosophy of Julian Assange
>>
>> Philip Pilkington
>>
>> [Excerpt]
>>
>> Ref: http://cryptome.org/0002/ja-conspiracies.pdf
>>
>> As already shown, Assange borrows heavily from the information sciences -
>> more specifically, cognitive neuroscience and computer science. This is
>> extremely interesting because this leads his philosophy to resemble certain
>> contemporary post-structural philosophies ? most specifically, that of the
>> 20th century French philosopher Gilles Deleuze.
>
> ...so we get a classical example of a false syllogism. The fact that
> both Assange and Deleuze borrow from information science doesn't make
> Assange a Deleuzian.
 <...>