Geert Lovink on Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:21:52 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> help write to the UN about internet freedom

From:    "Joost Van Bennekom" <joostvanbennekom@hotmail.com>
Date:    Thu, March 3, 2011 12:12

Help write to the UN about internet freedom

Access has been invited to speak at a UN Human Rights Council event on
Friday in Geneva on the topic of internet freedom in front of foreign
ministers, UN ambassadors, and other high-level foreign officials.

Over the last few weeks you've been a big part of our efforts to promote
digital freedom around the globe, now together we have a chance to tell
the UN, in front of the world's media, what they should be doing to
support digital rights, and we’d like you to help us write the speech!

There are a few occasions when we have the attention of our leaders,
and it's
at these moments, that we must unify our voices to have them heard
clearly. Please take a moment to click on the link below and fill out
our survey and add your comments and we'll include your thoughts in our
speech on Friday:

https://www.accessnow.org/policy-activism/press-blog/write-our-speech