Jason Jones on Sat, 19 Mar 2011 09:50:51 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Anonymous Hijacks Glenn Beck

Maybe it's better to maintain the separation, like in the ol' wild
west, good guys good, baddies bad..

Or, the intervention is an attempt to capture ground? -A move a-la
Glenn Beck himself, as he's tried to pull with his Tea Party nonsense
(which, personally I believe, as a cultural intervention worked quite
well for him) My reading of mashup is this... the approach engages
pop consciousness, as a battleground. What would happen if the rumor
spread, even just enough to get back to Beck loyal followers? Could it
destabilize their faith in him, In their distinction between "good"
and "bad"?