Morlock Elloi on Sat, 15 Oct 2011 13:42:42 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Franco Berardi & Geert Lovink: A call to the Army of Love and t...

Perhaps I as not clear enough. I was pointing to the lack of projections, not to diagnosis.

Unrelated, and regarding diagnosis, the anti-human view of technology is naive and unsustainable.

Writing and reading is no less technology and no less "anti-human" and no more "natural" than millions of connected computers, programmed by millions of softwarists, with 10-million gate CPUs in each.

In that sense machines took over several tens of thousand years ago, and that's great.

Early literacy had pretty much the same role for the power as the cloud computing has today, and we are in the early computing age. It will likely take another hundreds of years or more for computing Gutenberg to appear. Until then, only the Ruling Party will benefit from this particular technology.

Good luck with trying to fight this new literacy by undoing it.