Newmedia on Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:45:07 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Debt Campaign Launch

Ed:

> The only entities that outflank or can outflank the oligopolies  are
> the people both in and out of the large bureaucracies who are  truth
> starved enough to light out, the new distributists: the  mariners,
> castaways, and renegades.

Brilliant -- ain't it the  TRUTH (or at least 99% of it)!

Mark Stahlman
Brooklyn NY

P.S. When I was in Tokyo recently, I had dinner with one of my oldest
friends in the land of the rising sun.  He excitedly showed me the recent
Japanese translation of Hilaire Belloc's 1913 "The Servile State."  He had  no
idea that Belloc was McLuhan's mentor or that this book was a manifesto for
the 1930s Distributist League.  AH, SO!! was his response and together we
are working on the Japanese launch of DIGITAL distributism, which now needs
its own "economic democracy" manifesto.  Next stops: Seoul, Kuala  Lumpur and
Taipei.