Andreas Broeckmann on Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:52:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> crowd-funding on nettime

folks,

first, in my experience, nothing takes 5-10 secs, and even if it does, there are always at least 24 instances of this which makes it 2-4 mins, plus x. (i think that proposals like keith's should come with a donation of personal time to get such simple routines started.)

second, maybe i'm too stupid, but if i understand keith correctly, he is suggesting that by allowing crowd-funding requests we might - at least here on the list - defetishize money and create a zone where the laws of capitalism (or its moral economy) are subverted, or at least ignored? because we integrate those requests into our dedifferentiated social relations? crowd-funding requests flushing alienation out of nettime's Windows?

i'd be surprised...

-a