Isabelle Arvers on Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:15:21 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> crowd-funding on nettime

Hi nettimers,

I am perhaps a bit out of the subject but it seems that this discussion
goes in the direction that I am right now researching, ( From web
marketing to game and digital art : Web marketers and artists use the
same tools but to serve different strategies and goals?

We know how much marketers used artists applications and games
mechanisms to engage communities and make benefits, I would take the
opportunity of this discussion about crowdfunding to ask you all what
you think about marketing technics in digital arts.

Do you think that artists use marketing technics to engage communities
and make benefits ? (relational dynamics, user centrics, personal
engagment, web tracking, data maning, user experience anlyse,
crowd-funding etc...)

Thanks,

Isabelle Arvers
Curator and art critic
http://www.isabellearvers.com

Le 28/08/12 17:59, Keith Sanborn a e'crit :

>Allow me to differ:
>
>Here it is not a matter of moral purity and the taint of money, but money
>does change social relations. If you want to test this, just go for an
>evening out with your old school chums.
 <...>

--
Isabelle Arvers