nettime's avid reader on Sun, 1 Sep 2013 22:46:23 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> ERTopen: Call upon & plea for satellite capacity

http://www.ertopen.com/news-in-4-languges/english/item/3849

The Greek government tried to shut down ERT, the public national
broadcaster, on the 11th of June.

The employees, in response to the popular demand and outcry of the
public in Greece and abroad, kept -- and are determined to continue
keeping -- ERT open, by broadcasting a full radio and television
programme through the internet and by any other means suitable and
available.

Help and technical support from the EBU (European Broadcasting Union)
was crucial for 70 consequent days; but is now over, since the
international body decided to cease the re-distribution streaming of
the broadcasts by the employees of ERT.

Thus, we now call for the support of, and appeal to, each and every
European and/or Greek body, or organization that is able and willing,
to kindly provide us with satellite transmission capacities, so as to
obtain once more the capability of broadcasting freely our television
and radio programme again to the world.

By now, we stand convinced that by the solidarity and support not
only of the people, but of relevant institutions as well, we shall
prevail in our common cause and will continue to offer what the public
is nowadays in grave need of: an Open and Free public journalistic
establishment that caters to the actual needs of a struggling society.

We kindly request to address all relevant offers at
pospert123@yahoo.gr and/or ertopen@gmail.com.