morlockelloi on Fri, 17 Jul 2015 23:11:43 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> ***SPAM*** Re: Hacked Team

The cause of confusion may be that this (the last few decades) is probably the first time that power apparatus' enforcement model is making a big shift from thugs with guns to thugs with compilers.

These are two completely different demographics, and while societies had thousands years to learn about and deal with thugs with guns (look at the pretty much consenting opinions about the military and the police across the globe), it is hard to project the same notion at the bright middle-class kids that get stock options and catered food. It will take some time.