Armin Medosch on Mon, 6 Sep 1999 19:27:10 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> the last hoax

friends,

the email "from" Marleen Stikker was a hoax. I assume no one really
believed it anyway, too good to be true:-) Or is there any substantian to
Microsoft trying to get into Linux distribution?

Anyway, this fake-email and recent other events make me believe that the
time of "the artful internet hoax" is over. Or what do you think?  I wrote
a little article about it in telepolis. Since it is in German I do not
post it here. People reading German please go there
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/sa/3424/1.html

cheers
armin
p.s.: hoaxers, please try to improve your technique and writing skills...