DaNieL MoreNo " <dmh77@hotmail.com> on Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:00:50 +0200 (CEST)

[nettime-lat] <<BH2.0>>

Union Tribune
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/fri/metro/news_1m24hack.html

||||\ The name Borderhack was invented last year by Rosales and Laboratorios
Cinematik, a multimedia network group in Tijuana. "In the world of
computers, hacking is an exploration or investigation of a system with the
goal of understanding it, not of destroying it," Rosales wrote on the
Borderhack Web site, "and that is exactly what we are trying to do: to
understand the border, to know what it represents and to become aware of the
role that we play in it." /||||

||||\ Ben Weinstein, a 54-year-old San Diego teacher, wore one yesterday at
a news conference to publicize the event. Weinstein is a member of La
Resistencia, a Texas-based nonprofit with a chapter in San Diego.

"It is so important to do something," Weinstein said. "Every human life is
more important than a law." |||/

||||\Victor Clark, who heads the Binational Office for Human Rights in
Tijuana, is impressed with the way Borderhack has reached a new generation
of human rights activists. "They can now get in contact with the whole
world," he said. /||||

-==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==-

http://www.fronteratij.com/cgi-bin/busqueda.exe/TraeNota?NumNota=110777

Inicia evento &#8220;Borderhack&#8221;
Buscan tirar las fronteras

|||\llegó desde ayer para acampar en esta zona, pues están interesados en la
muerte de migrantes que va en aumento.
En el sitio también se podrá enlazar a migrantes con su familia vía
telefónica y por internet, como ayuda a los connacionales mexicanos./|||

|||\El evento continuará hoy y mañana en el antiguo sitio donde se habían
colocado las cruces que simbolizaban a los migrantes caídos en su intento
por alcanzar el famoso &#8220;sueño americano&#8221;, que muchas veces se
convierte en pesadilla./|||

SolO de 2 PerIoDiCos.. MaS LeIdOs aqUI, En TiJuaNa...