e-Flux on Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:11:30 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] Amsterdam all about what is normal, and who decides

Niet Normaal

Niet Normaal,
Difference on Display
16 December, 2009 - 7 March, 2010

How normal are you?
http://www.nietnormaal.com

Niet Normaal: International art exhibition featuring Marc Quinn, Louise Bourgeois, Pawel Althamer, Nathalie Djurberg, Ines Doujak, Joseph Grigely, Thomas Hirschhorn, William Kentridge, Jon Kessler, Imogen Stidworthy, Javier Téllez and many others

16 December 2009 through 7 March 2010, the Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam will be hosting Niet Normaal * Difference on Display, a large-scale, audience-oriented art event. Internationally renowned artists offer their views on one of society's most pressing questions: what is normal, and who decides?

Technology and progress offer opportunities to people of all sorts and sizes. Yet everything seems to be focused on uniformity. More and more, markets and media determine how we look at ourselves and others. Perfection is the norm. Especially for this exhibition, several new pieces have been prepared. Also on display will be works of art from various museums and private collections in the Netherlands and abroad.

How normal are you?
Go to our website http://www.nietnormaal.com to find out how normal you are yourself. Fill in the questionnaire, check how normal your face looks and take part in our search for the average Dutch face.

Niet Normaal, Difference on Display
Venue: Beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam
Time: 16 December 2009 – 7 March 2010
Supplemented with films, debates, lectures and performances on various locations around the country

http://www.nietnormaal.com
Niet Normaal at the Beurs van Berlage
Beursplein 1, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Press viewing and official Royal opening: 15 December 2009
Media contact: +31 (0)6 245 03 978 / lieke@nietnormaal.nl