Lanfranco Aceti on Tue, 28 Dec 2010 03:51:26 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> LEA Rekindled 1

.
Dear All,

Leonardo Electronic Almanac has inherited a large archive of papers,
articles and information.

This material was held in the archive as historical documentation and
as part of the revamp of LEA we have decided to revisit this history
and compare it with contemporary developments.

LEA rekindled 1 is the first historical comparative issue of the
Leonardo Electronic Almanac on the history and contemporary
developments at the intersection of art, science and technology. For
this first issue of LEA rekindled, our editorial intention is to
re-open a dialogue with those who participated and contributed towards
building the history of contemporary art interactions with science and
technology as well as with the new generations of artists, critical
commentators, scientists and technology experts. You can find out more
information on: http://ow.ly/3pA9D

We are asking to the community at large to consider LEA rekindled not
only as an academic publication outlet but also as a repository for
images and documentation (photographic, audio and video). If you have
images from some of the art, science and technology events of the past
20 years that you would like to contribute for publication, please do
get in touch with LEA staff by sending an email to:
info@leoalmanac.org with the subject ‘LEA rekindled 1’.

We look forward to the opportunity of working with you in
re-contextualizing, publishing and archiving these images, artworks
and documentation in stable formats.

LEA is also delighted to announce that for the rekindled issues the
Senior Editorial and Curatorial team is composed of: Lanfranco Aceti,
Paul Brown, Beryl Graham, Craig Harris, Errki Huhtamo, Stephen Jones,
Terrence Masson, Frieder Nake, Christiane Paul and Bruce Wands.

Follow LEA on:

The Newsletter: http://ow.ly/3pAgW

Facebook: http://ow.ly/3pAjd

Flickr: http://ow.ly/3pAKp

Twitter: http://ow.ly/3pALO

For more information contact:
Ozden Sahin, ozden.sahin@leoalmanac.org

Leonardo is a registered trademark of Leonardo/ISAST.