Heiko Recktenwald on Fri, 12 May 2000 01:50:52 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> MTAA interview etoy.CORPORATION

> >We're influenced, Warhol and Beuys are very important to us. But it's not
> >our discourse. We refuse the intellectualization of our discourse, it has
> >to stay strong and clean.
>
> etoy's insistence that their work is entirely "new" and their disavowal of
> connections is in fact just one of many ways in which they "connect
> directly" to techno-art historical precedents. As for their dopey
> dichotomy between intellectualism and "strong and clean" discourse, I
> leave the precedents to your historical memory, but suggest setting your
> time machine back 61 years.

Are you shure, that they did mean a "dichotomy" the way you see it ? Maybe
they just dont want the connotations, associated with "art". But why do
they speak of Beuys and Warhol in this context ;-) ?