Dave Prager on 6 Feb 2001 21:41:51 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Emotional Politics

> Yes, I get those Nigerian spammers... and more to boot. The easiest way to
> stop this appalling situation is to log off all together. Why wait for
> "hackers" to "bring the ... system down" when one can exercise one of our
> few remaining rights, turning the goddam mess off at the outlet? If we
> can't stop the source, we can certainly prevent it from entering our homes,
> desktops, PDAs...

How is that a solution?  If a bully takes your money in the lunchroom every day,
do you stop going to the lunchroom?  Do you stop eating?

I for one have adapted my life to technology.  I am in no position to regress.

We have all adapted our lives to cars.  Cars pollute.  Cars kill people.  Is the
solution to get rid of cars?  Or should we try making cars better?

Spam, etc., is not a technology problem.  It's a design flaw.  CO2 emmisions are
a design flaw.  Design flaws can be eliminated through better design.

America elected Bush.  Do we abandon America?

Rhetorically,
Dave