Craig Brozefsky on 6 Feb 2001 21:46:38 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Emotional Politics

"andrew garton [c2o]" <agarton@c2o.org> writes:

> >Goddamn Internet! I'm fucking attacked on one hand by Nigerian spanners
> >offering me a big piece of 26 million dollars, and attacked on the other
> >hand by corporate assholes who stick banners like knives across the
> >eyeballs; the hackers are our only hope; someone's got to bring the whole
> >fucking system down!
>
> Yes, I get those Nigerian spammers... and more to boot. The easiest way to
> stop this appalling situation is to log off all together. Why wait for
> "hackers" to "bring the ... system down" when one can exercise one of our
> few remaining rights, turning the goddam mess off at the outlet? If we
> can't stop the source, we can certainly prevent it from entering our homes,
> desktops, PDAs...
>
>   \ | /
>    OFF
>   / | \

Why stop there? Why not just off yourself entirely?  A plastic grocery
bag and a bottle of sleeping pills is all you need.  Obviously the
Internet is not the only source for these assaults on our
sensibilities.

--
Craig Brozefsky                             <craig@red-bean.com>
In the rich man's house there is nowhere to spit but in his face