Nmherman on 11 Apr 2001 14:43:11 -0000

[Nettime-bold] A good website by a friend of Max Herman and Genius 2000

Subj:    THIS!
Date:   4/11/2001 3:12:01 AM Central Daylight Time
From:   one38@one38.org (1000 Ridiculous Tragedies)
To: nmherman@aol.com

There is a new issue of your beloved pixelized
journal, 1000 Ridiculous Tragedies. There is
also a new book, and a contest of sorts. Be
sure to read the news section for more details
on both. What follows is a previously unreleased
bonus track from the book announcement; which was
edited on our site, and is posted here, with
specific alterations for the announcement list
format.

========================

BIRDS IN MID FLIGHT: THE FIRST BOOK
PUBLISHED BY 1000 RIDICULOUS TRAGEDIES,
WHICH IS A COLLECTION OF THE POETRY OF
MR. SCOUT THOMPSON: FREQUENTLY ASKED
QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS TITLE.
[CONTINUED]

Q2. May I take it to the beach?
A2. Yes!

Q3. To the mountains?
A3. Yes!

Q4. May I put it on my shelf so my children may take
it down, open its dusty covers, and read about the
world of my time, in a voice that says precisely my
feelings in words far better than I could ever express?
A4. Yes, including at least two references to Weezer!

Q5. Where do I buy it?
A5. See the book section of one38.org. There are also
new stories and pie charts.

Q6. Is Poetry dead?
A6. We think some kinds of poetry may, indeed, be dead.
A poet goes extinct every day; with it goes thousands
of pages, some of which may contain the cure for various
life threatening diseases.

Q7. Maybe, then, we are losing pages that may spread
deadly diseases, and losing poets who would spread
rabies and dysentery, ruin our water, and eat our
children?
A7. This is also true.

Q8. Do you know of any such poets?
A8. I know of one.

Q9. His poetry is a disease?
A9. A fever.

Q10. Should we vaccinate!?
A10. There is no vaccination, but there is a weakness:
He is vital because of his eyes. If you take out his
eyes, there may not be more poetry.

Q11. But his poetry is an epidemic!
A11. The epidemics strengthen our species!

Q12. Poetic Darwinism?
A12. Only the numb procreate.

Q13. This is getting kind of pretentious.
A13: As is the "talking reader" trick.

Q14. Perhaps you could tell us a story of this poet?
A14. He shook his fist at the taxi cabs for mocking his legs.

Q15. Does this mean he hated technology?
A15. No; but that he loved his legs.

Q16. "."
A16. New Issue of 1000 Ridiculous Tragedies is
available, as always, at the following universal
resource locator:

          http://www.one38.org

If you have any questions to add to this list, please
send an email to one38@one38.org.

Thank you.

/owls b. mcgee, ph.d/
editor and interpreter