battery operated on 19 Apr 2001 14:29:01 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Battery Operated NZ/OZ tour

PRESS RELEASE  - PRESS RELEASE  - PRESS RELEASE

Battery Operated		Chases Through Non-Place

2001 	New Zealand / Australian Tour
Electro-acoustic surround sound and video performance

April 22 		Dunedin : The Dunedin Public Art Gallery
The Octagon. 8pm. (+ Sandoz Lab Technicians).
Tel: 474 3240

April 28		Christchurch : The Physics Room
209 Tuam Street. 8pm.
Tel: 03 379 5583

April 29		Christchurch :	Rotate
RDU 98.3FM. 9-11pm. Live radio set

May  2 		Wellington : The Adam Art Gallery
Kelburn Parade, Gate 3. 7pm.
Tel: 04 463 5229

May  3 		Hamilton : The Waikato Museum of Art and History
Cnr. Victoria&Hood St. 8pm.
Tel: 07 838 6606

May  4,5,6		Auckland : The Interdigitate Festival
Call The Moving Image Centre for location.
Tel: 09 360 2502

May  8		Wanganui : The Sarjeant Gallery
Queens Park. 7.30pm.
Tel: 06 349 0506

AUSTRALIA

May 11		Melbourne : Alliance Francaise
8pm (+Lazy and Michael Graeve).
Tel: (03) 9525 3463

The Chases Through Non-Place album is available through Mixer Records under license from Cocosolidciti.
More info : mixer@staalplaat.com

BIO
Battery Operated are a group who consist of musicians, video producers and web designers.  Their first album - Chases Through Non-Place was released on MIXER Records (under license from C0C0S0L1DC1T1) in 2000 to much critical acclaim through web/print/radio based mediums. They performed live sound and video difussions of Chases Through Non-Place  at a huge range of venues from The Knitting Factory in New York City to Media festivals such as the Montreal New Media festival, The Seoul Computer Music Festical to Warehouse events  such as Hardware in Australia and all over Europe and the USA at galleries and media spaces such as Blasthaus in San Francisco. More information about Battery Operated can be found on their animotion web site at - www.batteryoperated.net

C0C0S0L1DC1T1
C0C0S0L1DC1T1 is a record/video/web label that specializes in cross medium work. Digitally dirty and culturally cutting, the projects that encompass sound, video and web elements are the sugarushes that give us our shit eating grins. Our web site at www.cocosolidciti.com gives a more extensive overview of our more solid plans. The citi we are constructing is a mobile structure for soundworks, videoworks, media installation and web works to be attached to.
We release CD's, web projects and videoworks as well as installation work by groups such as Battery Operated. With offices in Laguna Beach (USA), Paris (France) and Montreal (Canada) C0C0S0L1DC1T1 are constructing an international network of sweet toothed types. For all those who appreciate the cracked and dubbed out, broken beated, hyper linked, cut up and concreted over districts that make modern living the sweet  fuck up it is.

Montreal Office- 7510 De Gaspe, Montreal, Quebec, CA, H2R 2A2. E-mail - Lew@cocosolidciti.com
Paris Office - 5bis Avenue de l'ile d'amour, 94170 Le Perreux sur Marne, France. Mob : (33) 6 12 90 43 43
E-mail - tomkz@cocosolidciti.com
MobileOffice - wadewalker@cocosolidciti.com