Alan Sondheim on Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:58:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] new After 9/11 book from AlterNet (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:24:14 -0600
From: AlterNet <info@alternet.org>
To: sondheim@panix.com
Subject: new After 9/11 book from AlterNet

Dear AlterNet community members --

AlterNet is proud to announce the publication of an important new book:
"After 9/11: Solutions for a Saner World"

This diverse collection of 42 articles untangles the knot of our new
post-9/11 landscape. It features leading writers like Bill Moyers,
Barbara Kingsolver, Jim Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Edward Said,
Arianna Huffington, Laura Flanders, Nat Hentoff and Arundhati Roy.

For more information, or to order a copy online, go to:
http://www.alternet.org/911book

"After 9/11" tackles every subject from civil liberties to Islamic
fundamentalism to economics to sex. It goes beyond America's initial
grief and anger, providing vision for a saner, safer future.

If we are to steer the national conversation away from knee-jerk
flag-waving and scare tactic, and toward solutions and true security,
this book needs to reach farther than the growing AlterNet community.

So we need your help. We encourage you to not only pick up a copy
for your own family, but also to introduce "After 9/11" into your
communities -- your local bookstores, your houses of worship, your
classrooms, your community centers and wherever else people gather.
And please forward this email to anyone you think might be
interested in a copy.

For more information or to order the book online, go to:
http://www.alternet.org/911book

(For those of you who previously tried to purchase online, our system
is now fully functional. We apologize for the earlier glitches.)

Want to sound off about any of the stories above?
Visit AlterNet's rapidly growing online community:
http://www.alternet.org/discuss

***ABOUT ALTERNET***
AlterNet depends on word-of-mouth to publicize our site.
If you found the AlterNet Headlines useful, interesting
or entertaining, we hope you'll email them to a friend
and suggest they sign up. The Headlines are free and
anyone can sign up to receive them at:
http://lists.alternet.org/headlines

***AN APPEAL TO SUPPORT INDY JOURNALISM ***
Help AlterNet continue to promote independent news and
information. Make a donation to our parent organization,
the Independent Media Institute, at:
http://www.alternet.org/donate.html

***NEED CONTENT?***
Need content for your publication? With the AlterNet
syndication service you'll have access to thousands of
articles on a wide range of topics, with extensive
archives updated each week. Bring what Brill's Content
calls "News and opinion that are hard to find in most
other media outlets" to your Web site, newspaper or
magazine. For more information contact info@alternet.org.

---