Patrice Riemens on Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:22:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Indymedia Italy Press Release (fwd)

(this one bwo bristol.indymedia)

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 14:14:26 -0800 (PST)

INDYMEDIA ITALY PRESS STATEMENT

The social center TPO in Bologna: YOU COULD ALSO KEEP THEM

Yesterday 7 the of March we got back the materials confiscated by the police
the 20th of February, during the police attack to the presumed Indypendent
Media center around Italy.

police forces confiscated computers, videotapes, documents, photos of all sorts
in the social center TPO in Bologna,

In the release from seizure, we verified that:

-computers were damaged, with external signs due to violent transport -
computer's hardisks were taken, so copied. Some of them are broken -papers and
audio-visual equipments are now unsalable

Indymedia Italy and the TPO of Bologna announce that they will consult experts
to verify and denounce the damages.

We take act of the conclusion of a useless confiscation. Useless because the
materials were public. To access it, wasn't needed an act of confiscation, but
a mandate. A harmful confiscation: for two weeks it stopped the activities of
dozens of people. An ineffective confiscation, if the intention was the one of
intimidating us.

Indymedia Italy together with radio Onda Rossa will organize RECLAIM THE MEDIA:
Saturday 16th of March, a SOUND-MEDIA PARADE for the freedom of expression. We
call for everybody to reclaim their visibility, trying to communicate with the
most various instruments. We welcome banners, massive sticking up of posters,
video-projections, reading of poetries, graffiti, performances, hot-air
balloons, clowneries, cabaret, acrobatics, orgies..... INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE
FREE

http://italy.indymedia.org http://www.ecn.org/tpo/ contacts italy@indymedia.org