Nino Rodriguez on Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:03:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: [thingist] M&M's world vote campaign

> when we vote with our dollar this is what we, as a "world united," will
get to vote on.

When I vote with my dollars (which there aren't many of these days...) I
vote for things like supporting conscientious objectors, which I can do
through the miracle of reading the newspaper, looking up the organization
on the internet, and getting their bank wire transfer account number. And
I don't even have to be a citizen or resident of the country in question.
What a concept. It's not totally world democracy but at least it's something.