MWP on Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:54:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> how to defeat activism

David Garcia wrote:

> > ...the artist's iconic status as imaginative outlaw and exemplar of freedom
> and the imagination has been replaced by that of the hacker.

You've got to be kidding! Outlaw, perhaps, but freedom and imagination? Please!
These guys sit at computers and blindly type strings of random words into
unforgiving blank spaces all day in anticipation of that brief moment of reward.
They are glorified carnival chickens. Give me a break.

Mark P