Lori Gaskill on Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:20:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Alt-X Press Releases New Wiley Wiggins Ebook

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ALT-X PRESS RELEASES NEW EBOOK BY WRITER, ACTOR AND DIGITAL ARTIST WILEY
WIGGINS

BOULDER, Colorado, February 11, 2003 -- The Alt-X Online Network, "where
the digerati meet the literati," announces the release of "Solarcon-6," an
ebook collection of stories by Wiley Wiggins.  Wiggins' "Solarcon-6" is
the ninth ebook in the Alt-X Press series which features other titles by
artists including Eugene Thacker, Mark Amerika, Adrienne Eisen, and Alan
Sondheim.

According to Wiggins, star of Richard Linklater's groundbreaking "Waking
Life" film, "like many other self-important young people who feel
mistakenly that the sound of their own voice is more important than that
of traffic or radio static, through much of my life I have kept journals.
Horrified by the embarrassingly dull minutiae of my own life, I usually
fill these instead with something that doesn't quite pass for 'fiction'."

A blurb for the book from an Austin comrade reminds us that "we always
thought Wiley would be an actor or a technophiliac, probably the former
with his star turns in Linklater's 'Dazed and Confused' and 'Waking Life.'
He was into zines, too (weren't we all?), but who knew he could really
write?"

Alt-X is now about to celebrate its 10-year anniversary of innovating new
modes of artistic research and development, and as part of its
longstanding strategy of utilizing the strengths of world wide web
publishing, all of the Alt-X Press titles are available to readers for
free without corporate advertising.

Alt-X Press ebooks are available at
www.altx.com/ebooks