The World Trade Organization on Sat, 12 May 2001 02:00:06 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> RE: Gibraltar

     [orig To: "Carse, Steve" <Steve.Carse@economics.treasury.gov.im>]

No land on earth may be considered free, if freedom means to engage in
activities that endanger the well-being of corporate enterprise. So
long as, and only so long as, nations understand their place on
earth as being in service of, and at the beck of, the driving forces
of economics, so shall these nations be afforded a place at the right
hand of power. But let the tiniest nation--yea, even Gibraltar, even
the Isle of Man--arise upon the poop-deck of declamation... let it
wield for even a moment the baton of popular power against the
furnace of progress... let it stagger drunkenly into the path of the
train of misguidedness... then, indeed, shall that nation see the full
force of our petulance and our peevishness unleashed squarely upon its
head, and all its head's heads as well.

(Sorry for that rant--we have a bug on our shoulder
since the latest round of dangerous-idea circulation masquerading as
protest.)

Best,
Granwyth Hulatberi-Hulatberi-Smith