Shaun Rolph on Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:05:36 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Biotech + Architecture + Politics + the English language

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Bratton" <benjamin@cultureindustry.com>
To: <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 4:35 AM
Subject: <nettime> Biotech + Architecture

> For Karl Chu, organic and inorganic phyla intermingle in mutually
> constitutive limit-horizons of informational materiality. These
> territorializations emerge in vivo across the physicality
> of earth-surface as multiple algorithmic transvaluations.

And I salute him for it. Mr Chu may well have intuited something very
important here. Or he may simply have appropriated the language of a
currently fashionable corner of intellectual life.

But it doesn't matter. Because this is Biotech plus *Architecture* and there
must come a time when tortuous strings of abstract nouns will not be enough.
Architecture cannot avoid the concrete for ever.

So I delight in the philistinism of being able to say, 'Show me the bricks
and mortar'.