nettime's_flame_warrior on Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:50:43 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> arrogance digested [jansen, recktenwald [x3], (phillips)]

Re: <nettime> The braindead arrogance of Linux
     Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
     Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Subject: Re: <nettime> The braindead arrogance of Linux
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:30:46 +0200

*Linuxers* are braindead  stupid arrogant, because *StarOffice* from
*Sun* reuses an extension that someone else uses for something else but
hasn't registered?

Please.....

On 7 Apr 2005, at 03:07, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> Sometimes, I think Linuxers can be braindead stupid arrogant in a very
> special quasi religious way. Or in the way of doctors that sell dubios
> essences on wild west markets in the movies. Open Source and post sale
> marketing, isnt it great to have a community?
 <...>

Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:34:25 +0200 (CEST)
From: Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>

Thanks for the interest ;-)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Jack Jansen wrote:

> *Linuxers* are braindead  stupid arrogant, because *StarOffice* from

OpenOffice does the same and NO, Linux is not braindead and I like
OpenOffice.

> *Sun* reuses an extension that someone else uses for something else but
> hasn't registered?

The registration is not so important, those who have developped RTSP
had better things to do than to think about the practical side, it is, as
far as it used at all, Broadcaster etc, just common, common like
audio/x-mpegurl and m3u.

IANA is just a registrar, nobody cares about such things, Linuxers (and
everybody else) must think about such things themselves.

Best, H.