michael caputo on Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:11:04 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> "Google distorts reality"

its actually comical how accurate science fiction has proven to be, i once
remember reading somewhere that there is more truth to be revealed in
fiction then that of non-fiction...maybe science fiction is this bridge...is
google the equivalent to George Orwell's "ministry of truth"?

On Dec 27, 2007 2:21 PM, chad scov1lle <chad@chadscoville.com> wrote:

> I am really enjoying this dialogue on Google!
>
> My friend the artist Michael Caputo and I were discussing this motif of
> Man and his Tools, under the context of Hal 9000 and Arthur C. Clarke's
> interpretation of how 2001 in a critical commentary man's collective history
> with tools, and a possible future whereas these tools become an appendage,
> an extension of environmental intelligence, something that increases man's
> intuitive interpretation of a world whereas his primitive senses are able to
> only detect a minute semblace of the wide swath of reality. I think the
> vector we are headed on is machines as appendage. The narrative has already
> been fed to us from likes of Clarke, as well as Asimov. Reverse mimesis.
 <...>