zeljko on Sat, 5 Jan 2008 14:08:19 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> [spectre] Sharing is Sexy.org is live

On Jan 5, 2008 11:04 AM, Rob Myers <rob@robmyers.org> wrote:
> lotu5 wrote:
>
> > On monday we'll have more writing for you about the project, but for
> > now, I'd love any feedback you might have on the project... See for
> > yourself at http://sharingissexy.org
>
> This cannot be described as "Open Source"

True. But not so relevant.
It is much more interesting what this can inscribe then be described.

> because commercial use is not
> allowed. This breaks the Open Source Definition, Debian Free Software
> Guidelines, Freedom Defined and the Free Software Definition. Using

wrong argument.
...you are mixing Free Software and Open Source (in 2008 ;-)...

> BY-SA rather than BY-NC-SA would solve this.

...with CC licencing schemes, which do overlap to a point but are separate.

> Other than that, the project is absolutely brilliant. This could be Free
> Culture's killer app. ;-)

hm...what is with this hype of all of these antagonistic metaphors...
Culture is acumulative it is bussiness that kill of alternatives...
but I agree this could be a great tractor app :-)
Now let's move on to content production and context construction ;-)

> - Rob.

Best wishes - Z