Heiko Recktenwald on Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:16:55 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Left is wrong on Iran

Is Iran right on Iran seems to be a bigger problem. What the "Sea of
Green" does or did want is not selfexplaining and IMHO they did not knew
it themselves. There was so much hate in the air in those days and what
Mousavi had to say was not much. Rigging of elections is not uncommon,
but it was very doubtfull that the last elections in Iran were really
rigged in any serious sense. On the other hand, did it matter? Anyway,
people were excited, everybody did his movies, a fleet of movies in the
sense of Alexander Kluge was spreading. Lets hope that that those movies
are archived in Iran and that there are people who work on the material,
lets hope we get some bigger picture one day. That includes illusions,
wrong expectations,  a lack of  political talking, political style on
BOTH sides.

H.

Nicholas J. Kiersey schrieb:

> I'm not sure I see much of an actual critique of Zizek here, or why he
> is even mentioned. Is it just a good strategy these days to make
> couple of throwaway remarks on Zizek and Fouault to get attention?
> Seems to me that Zizek would share the same views on AbuKhalil.
 <...>