jaromil on Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:10:01 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> wikilazy arguing (was: The Return of DRM)

hi Morlock,

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 03:03:26PM -0700, Morlock Elloi wrote:

> Whether Wikileaks is an example of successful asymetrical warfare
> remains to be seen.

[...]

> The state appears confident that the sufficient percentage of
> relevant population has been converted to zombies. See the
> intelligence-insulting rhetoric from the highest places, and imagine
> who it is targeted to. In that light, revelations of any kind become
> irrelevant.

[...]

> The fact that "secrets" that Wikileaks revealed were available to
> (hundreds of) thousands "insiders" hints that the state does not
> care about keeping them secret.

but then, leaving aside concerns whether IPhone rubbers will redeem
themselves out of idiocracy (even them representing already an evolved
form of cyborg than the remote control basher) don't you think that
those (wiki)leaks are the signal of an ethical transformation in that
"insider sphere of intelligence"? after all, they come right from
there and, from what i can perceive so far, can be seen by insiders as
an interesting if not even positive phenomenon.

if we nurture our consciousness from episodes like wikileaks it very
much depends on who will be the "future insiders", what digital
natives will be able to do with all these informations.

while partisan NGOs like OSI/Soros (but also super-partes like Amnesty
International, we should care to say) are worried about the impact
these leaks have on the current info-war setup, a conscious
transormation is operating "from inside" and thanks to wikileaks.

we could be looking at new declinations of "net-neutrality" and more
scenarios evolving from the mono-dimensional stagnation that dominates
"philanthropic efforts" nowadays; a lesson for them to be learned?
...as someone said not so long time ago: "you should be the change
that you want to see in the World."

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F  5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39