Morlock Elloi on Wed, 18 Aug 2010 06:09:56 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> wikilazy arguing (was: The Return of DRM)

Not really. WL is an expression of technology.

Actors, motives and philosophies are incidental. It's a great example how
technology shapes everything - from ethics to politics and all in-between.

In this particular case, the infrastructure for low-cost broadcasting
(essential for consumerism) met infrastructure for secure communications
(essential for maintaining the concept of property) and we have unintended
consequences.

The insiders didn't change, they just assessed risks as becoming acceptably
low. This is what DoD is, correctly, after: to re-instill the fear of God
into insiders.