Jaromil on Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:37:22 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Franco Berardi & Geert Lovink: A call to the Army of Love and to the Army of Software

hi Geert & Bifo,

good call. thanks for this text, here some observations, a shameless
self reference and a pointer to a useful conspiracy call, all possibly
interesting to progress this discussion:

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, Geert Lovink wrote:

> Second, because our intelligence has been submitted to algorithmic
> power in exchange for a handful of shitty money and a virtual life.
> For a salary that is miserable when compared to the profits of the
> corporate bosses, a small army of âsoftwaristsâ are accepting
> the task of destroying human dignity and justice. The small army of
> software programmers have to wake up.

OK, but then lets talk about programmers in general, also those so
called programmers in the cultural sector, as well those developers in
the urban business. Why only software? because we are thinking faster?
:)

At the CCC camp this year, clearly one of the few international places
where a critical analysis of computational systems has taken place in
the past decades, two things happened.

One is that I've given this speech, focusing on money system, yet its
first part references a common feeling among people present and most
importantly points out the role of humans and the importance of the
body which, stripping down the hippiness of your 60s generation love
rethorics :) should be considered the most important sensor for any
system facilitating human agency - as you point out, this is not the
case today. The full video of the speech is here http://ur1.ca/4xa1a

Second, and most important IMHO, is what Rob Gonggrijp said in his
intervention about "Transition Telecom", an ideal progression from his
most important keynote given at 27C3, whose video is not yet online.
He called the audience of hackers to join a "Resilient Conspiracy" in
an attempt to strenghten solidarity around the ideals of transition as
a progression from the peak oil analysis, to call a loose, but large,
network of people. I've found this call very powerful. RESILIENT
CONSPIRACY. While Rop told me this video will be online hopefully
soon, these reflections have already resonated between the ears of
more than 500 people present.

At last, in two days on wednesday 19, we'll have an evening panel
with him and Karin Spaink, Patrice Riemens and Heath Bunting
hosted in Montevideo/NIMk and co-moderated with Cecile Landman.
I hope we'll debunk more of this and we'll also talk about the
role of computationalist ideologies and what can be done about
them, against what you call the Finazism. The evening will be
streamed for those who are not in Amsterdam, details are here:
http://nimk.nl/eng/calendar/ethical-hacking

ciao

--
jaromil,  dyne.org developer,  http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39