Ana Valdés on Fri, 9 Mar 2012 06:13:56 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The $100bn Facebook question: Will capitalism survive 'value abundance'?

Dear John I am not sure if we are talking in parallell ways. When I am
talking potlach I am talking from an anthropologist view (I am a trained
anthropologist) and we are definitely talking about exchanges both in the
symbolical view and in the physical form.
The most gifts exchanged were not included in the tribe's economy but were
burned in a very ritualized ceremony at the end of the exchange festival.
Ana

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM, John Hopkins <jhopkins@neoscenes.net> wrote:

> Hi Ana --
>
>  The exchange fullfills the symbolical needs of giving and takings.
 <...>

--
http://www.twitter.com/caravia15859
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
? Leonardo da Vinci