Murray Simpson on Mon, 3 Sep 2012 10:09:58 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Vegetative Prince Will Not Wake Up: Dutch Prince Friso medical ethics and the ordeal of social inequality

It seems unlikely to me that the issue is so straightforward.

The religious and cultural prohibitions around suicide are very old  .
Euthanasia is a C.20th issue                                         .

That's not to say that the two don't connect, but it's more than just
a reformulation of the suicide issue.