Brett Scott on Sat, 3 Jan 2015 18:13:50 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Big list of existing academic Bitcoin research

Hi all,

I decided to build a rather large database of academic research on
Bitcoin. If you'd like to see it, here is the link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VaWhbAj7hWNdiE73P-W-wrl5a0WN
gzjofmZXe0Rh5sg/edit?usp=sharing. It's a Google Doc, and it allows you
to comment if you think there is something I've missed. You can also
download it as an Excel spreadsheet. It includes over 250 academic, and
quasi-academic, research papers, journal articles and theses related to
Bitcoin.

Admittedly, the definition of 'academic' or 'quasi-academic' is pretty
loose. It can include peer-reviewed papers that appear in major
journals, to working papers released from university departments and
think tanks, to a thesis of a Masters student, to independent research
from people with clear expertise.

I built this list because I myself like to write quasi-academic
articles on Bitcoin, and have been trying to find good quality analysis
of cryptocurrency, frustrated by the huge amounts of spurious opinion
churned in the media, and self-promoting rants by opportunists and
ideologues.

My original writeup about this, along with my picks for the 25
potentially most interesting articles can be found here
http://suitpossum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/academic-bitcoin-research.html

Cheers,

Brett

@suitpossum