mp on Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:32:47 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Greek elections?

On 28/01/15 02:44, Flick Harrison wrote:
>    The militant nationalism that Tsipras displayed by visiting the
>    Resistance memorial makes me think Syriza is stupid, or talking to the
>    stupid.  The fascist threat isn't rolling into Greece in panzers; it's
>    a few inches to the right of their coalition partners ANEL.

The linear, one-dimensional spectrum of left-right politics is not just
speaking to the stupid, it is stupidifying, not to say stupefying. Even
mainstream political philosophers have abandoned that in textbooks
decades ago.

In other words, stupid is as stupid does and people see things very
differently. Context is everything, simplified linearity is nothing of
value for other than opportunists, for whom it is cheap rhetoric.