Harsh Kapoor on Tue, 21 Jul 2015 05:23:40 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> India: Usha Ramanathanâs Dissent on Human DNA Prof

India: Usha Ramanathanâs Dissent on Human DNA Profiling Bill that is
coming soon in the Parliament
Human DNA Profiling Bill is being brought in Parliament probably this
Monsoon session in 2015. Bill that has been pushed by the CDFD (Centre
for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad) with full support
from Indiaâs Dept of Biotechnology.

It asks for the collection of DNA from convicts, accused ans suspects;
unidentified dead bodies; create a missing personsâ index; create a
volunteers index and from anyone else as required by regulations. here
is to be a DNA Data Bank into which all our DNA data will be out and
held.

If this goes through, this will be one dangerous data base, and one
more over which we will have no control.
[. . .]
http://sacw.net/article11388.html