Alex Foti on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 09:09:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Corbyn as a medium is the message

great to hear from an insider and know there's life for labour after
blair and the millibands. i have no doubts that jeremy's followers
are like you describe'em: antiausterity occupy uncut precariat types.
my concerns regarding corbyn are three: he's boring; his program is
similar to mitterrand's in.. 1981; he's no opposition to cameron
pulling the uk out of the eu (please don't leave us talking globish
to ourselves;) By all means renationalize railways (if only to give
us continentals a change to travel across your fair island cheaply;)
and defend what's left of attlee, but have the old man address new
demands, identities, priorities. Please reassure me he's gonna breathe
new life in the british left and the despicable tories will be
defeated next time.

very best ciaos,

lx

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 2:05 AM, Richard Barbrook <
richard@imaginaryfutures.net> wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> > Corbyn is a true Black Swan moment.
>
> The timing of this Labour Left resurgence might be unexpected,
> but it was inevitable sooner or later. Because of our
> First-Past-The-Post electoral system, the various attempts to create
> an English version of Syriza or Podemos have always resulted in
> humiliation at the ballot box.

 <....>